Re: Testers wanted

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Testers wanted
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 09:54:18 +0200

On 5 Aug 2021, at 08:35, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4 Aug 2021, at 15:50, Andrew Culver <culver@anarchicharmony.org> wrote:

Hello Michael Hendry

FWIW - I installed Lilypond 2.22.1 on Catalina using MacPorts. “nerdling" has also amiably posted version 2.23.3 there as of now.

I made a little cheatsheet after my own successful install. Here it is:

Installing and using Macports for LilyPond
https://www.macports.org/install.php
https://guide.macports.org/#installing #better
# Xcode must be up to date (see link immediately above)
# keep macports up to date
sudo port -v selfupdate
# search for lilypond ports available
port search lilypond*
# search for all ports related to lilypond
port search lilypond
# installing a port help
https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.install
# installing lilypond
sudo port install lilypond
# also see port clean and port uninstall
https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.clean
https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.uninstall

Best

Andrew Culver

Thanks, Andrew.

I tried the above and got:

michaelhendry@iMac ~ % which lilypond
/Users/michaelhendry/.rvm/gems/ruby-head/bin/lilypond
michaelhendry@iMac ~ % /Users/michaelhendry/.rvm/gems/ruby-head/bin/lilypond --version
Bad CPU type in executable - /Users/michaelhendry/.lyp/lilyponds/2.23.3/bin/lilypond
michaelhendry@iMac ~ %

Will investigate further, but probably not today.

Michael

Michael,
looks like you have multiple package managers in play.
For plain MacPorts Lilypond would've been in the /opt/local folder structure. Yours appear to reside in folders of the Ruby Version Manager. I didn't know it, but looking at their site version and MacPorts configuration are a bit blurry to me.
They have https://rvm.io/integration/macports-before-autolibs and https://rvm.io/integration/macports.
In the past I've had issues mixing multiple package managers on Mac OS, so in the end I've decided to only use MacPorts. With a plain MacPorts I've never encountered an issue with the Lilypond port.

kind regards,
Hans