Re: Testers wanted

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Testers wanted
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 07:33:41 +0100

On 4 Aug 2021, at 15:50, Andrew Culver <culver@anarchicharmony.org> wrote:

> Hello Michael Hendry
>
> FWIW - I installed Lilypond 2.22.1 on Catalina using MacPorts. “nerdling" has
> also amiably posted version 2.23.3 there as of now.
>
> I made a little cheatsheet after my own successful install. Here it is:
>
> Installing and using Macports for LilyPond
> https://www.macports.org/install.php
> https://guide.macports.org/#installing #better
> # Xcode must be up to date (see link immediately above)
> # keep macports up to date
> sudo port -v selfupdate
> # search for lilypond ports available
> port search lilypond*
> # search for all ports related to lilypond
> port search lilypond
> # installing a port help
> https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.install
> # installing lilypond
> sudo port install lilypond
> # also see port clean and port uninstall
> https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.clean
> https://guide.macports.org/#using.port.uninstall
>
> Best
>
> Andrew Culver

Thanks, Andrew.

I tried the above and got:

michaelhendry@iMac ~ % which lilypond
/Users/michaelhendry/.rvm/gems/ruby-head/bin/lilypond
michaelhendry@iMac ~ % /Users/michaelhendry/.rvm/gems/ruby-head/bin/lilypond
--version
Bad CPU type in executable -
/Users/michaelhendry/.lyp/lilyponds/2.23.3/bin/lilypond
michaelhendry@iMac ~ %

Will investigate further, but probably not today.

Michael