Re: Testers wanted

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Testers wanted
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 12:06:58 +0200

On 5 Aug 2021, at 11:12, Andrew Culver <culver@anarchicharmony.org> wrote:

Michael

I think this indication to your terminal is significant:
Bad CPU type in executable - /Users/michaelhendry/.lyp/lilyponds/2.23.3/bin/lilypond

Perhaps nerdling compiled v 2.23.3 with an M1 chip. And it think you indicated your new Mac is Intel.

If so, try removing 2.23.3 using MacPorts, and installing 2.22.1 also using MacPorts. My machine is Intel and the MacPorts 2.22.1 works fine.

It’s a pity nerdling is not in on this conversation. Does anyone know who that is? Also, it should be possible to reach them through MacPorts.org.

Andrew

MacPorts lilypond-devel port for 2.23.3 is working fine on my Intel Mac, so just the port version is not the cause of the failure for Michael. Somehow Michaels install is broken, but the port itself appears to be fine for Intel Mac

aikebah@Rajah ~ % port installed active | grep lilypond
  lilypond-devel @2.23.3_3 (active)
aikebah@Rajah ~ % which lilypond
/opt/local/bin/lilypond
aikebah@Rajah ~ % lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 2.23.3

Copyright (c) 1996--2021 by
  Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@xs4all.nl>
  Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>
  and others.

This program is free software.  It is covered by the GNU General Public
License and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.  Invoke as `lilypond --warranty' for more
information.