Re: Export to XML

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Export to XML
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:59:05 +1000

I have no idea what software Schott Music Group uses for engraving, but it's disappointing nowadays that many of the larger publisher are demanding that composers do their work for them and requesting finished work, at least finished to the point they can apply their house style. I don't think any of the big names use Lilypond, and as far as I recall various efforts to get Lilypond to export MusicXML (with all its limitations)  have not come to any fruition. Unless they accept a PDF from you and print that or reset from scratch I think you are stuck. Sorry. I think the silence on the list re your question is also confirmation that there is not an answer to this. I may be wrong!

Andrew