Re: Export to XML

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Export to XML
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:04:45 +1000

People have made styles and fonts for Finale and Sibelius that mimic quite closely Henle Verlag and Barenreiter. But it's a huge amount of work, and only because they like it, not for submission.

Surely Schott is not expecting you to create a complete house style in an entirely different program. Something is wrong if so.

And, Schott will own the copyright and you will earn a pittance. Is it really worth it? There are so many ways to self publish now. If you do have an especially favorable financial deal with Schott you may have to ditch all your fine work and reset in Finale or Sibelius, whatever.

Some time ago Urs Liska started a sort of campaign drive to convince major publishers to at least accept Lilypond, if not convert to it. But sadly that did not seem to gain any traction.