Re: Future of OpenLilyLib

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Future of OpenLilyLib
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 13:33:43 +0100

Hello Mark,

> Yes, I think we all agree on that. At the moment there isn't, but even
> if and when that might be implemented, I can still see a role for a
> repository such as OpenLilyLib to collect and host those modules. Is the
> future really copying blocks of code from websites or email attachments
> and saving them to randomly organized local files?

If at some point Lilypond would have the capabilities to use modules that
might be packaged and distributed I think this part of OLL could turn into
some sort of centralized archive like CTAN, or into a centralized index,
refering to the packages themselfes. I do not think that OLL as a giant git
repository of packages makes a lot of sense in the terms of maintainence
though.

Cheers,
Valentin