Changing Header Mid-Score

From: brin solomon
Subject: Changing Header Mid-Score
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 12:42:30 -0500

Hello!

I am working on an opera and would like to use text in the header to help the performers keep track of where they are in the score. So ideally, the header on each page should say something like "Title of Opera: Act I, scene ii", with the scene reflecting whatever the current scene is. Since there aren't musical stops between the scenes, I would like the scenes to flow into one another in the same \score block (so that a scene might start in the middle of a line of music, say), which is pretty standard from the opera scores and parts I'm used to.

Looking at the "Custom titles headers and footers" section of the 2.22.2 user manual, I can see how to create a custom header for the whole document, but I can't figure out a way to pull information for the header from specific moments in a \score block, or even how to pull information for the header from a \score block when there are multiple \scores in a given \book. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this happen? I've attached a minimal file that indicates the kind of headers I want over the course of a few dummy pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
brin