Re: Changing Header Mid-Score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Changing Header Mid-Score
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:40:16 -0500

Hi Brin,

> It seems I may have been overzealous in paring down my minimal example

That's better than erring on the other sideā€¦  ;)

> I actually am breaking the big score file down into scenes/sub-scenes that
> can then be stitched together later in various combinations. But I'm missing
> the step of how to get the header at the top of the page to reflect what the
> current scene is at a given moment, since evenHeaderMarkup and
> oddHeaderMarkup in the paper block don't seem to be able to pull
> title/subtitle information from any except the top-level \header block. So
> now I feel like I'm missing something that's right in front of my face! Can
> you point me to the missing piece?

Put each contiguous chunk of pages in a \bookpart.
A page break will automagically appear between each \bookpart.
The header inside the \bookpart will be what the titling blocks use.
A silly MWE is included below.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

%%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.22.2"

\header {
  dedication = \markup { \smallCaps "Title of Opera" }
}

"Act 1, Scene 1" = {
  \repeat unfold 50 { c''1 }
}