Re: Changing Header Mid-Score

From: brin solomon
Subject: Re: Changing Header Mid-Score
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 15:48:37 -0500

On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 3:40 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:
Hi Brin,

> It seems I may have been overzealous in paring down my minimal example

That's better than erring on the other side…  ;)

> I actually am breaking the big score file down into scenes/sub-scenes that can then be stitched together later in various combinations. But I'm missing the step of how to get the header at the top of the page to reflect what the current scene is at a given moment, since evenHeaderMarkup and oddHeaderMarkup in the paper block don't seem to be able to pull title/subtitle information from any except the top-level \header block. So now I feel like I'm missing something that's right in front of my face! Can you point me to the missing piece?

Put each contiguous chunk of pages in a \bookpart.
A page break will automagically appear between each \bookpart.
The header inside the \bookpart will be what the titling blocks use.
A silly MWE is included below.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Hi Kieren,

Thanks for this example! This definitely feels close to what I'm looking for, but I was hoping to find a way that didn't force a page break (or even necessarily a line break) between scenes. Is that something that's possible, or is the page break required?

Many thanks,
brin