Problems with musicxml2ly

From: mark damerell
Subject: Problems with musicxml2ly
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 23:17:52 +0000

Sorry about the length of this: In outline: I tried to use  musicxml2ly  on a  xml  file.
This ran with no error, but when I ran  lilypond on the result,  I got a flood of warnings
& then a fatal error & no output.  I append the (truncated) error report I hope.

Unfortunately I do not know any way to produce a small  xml  that will give this error.
The file I wanted was "O holy night" by Adolphe Adam (translated into English) adapted
by P. Le Bas.
It came from this address:

 https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Minuit,_chr%C3%A9tiens_(O_Holy_Night)_(Adolphe_Charles_Adam)#In_English_translation.2C_.22O_Holy_Night.22

& it was the first item listed.  It was available in  pdf  , mid  ,  mp3 ,  xml  and  sib.
jsonformatter.org   said it is a valid  xml  file. The  pdf  looks good.  I tried  midi2ly
& the result was really weird.  Please any advice?