lout-users

Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:54:39 +0300

On Wed, Dec 02, 1998 at 12:50:03PM -0000, MatЛj Cepl wrote:

> But, anyway, would be lout able to do things like that considering
> its close relationship with PostScript?

I hope that my previous letter answered this question.

> Just to show, how things are difficult, my names is Mate~j (Czech
> version of Matthew), where e~ is ecaron.  As it is said, "Life is a
> bitch and than you die." :-(

And when you accept that life is a bitch, it have puppies.  If you
want really difficult things take a look at wonders of typesetting
Arabic, Devanagari &co, Hebrew, Tibetan - to name a few, where there's
no one-to-one mapping from characters (Unicode) to glyphs.

SY, Uwe