lout-users

Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 05:34:29 +0300

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 09:41:18AM +0100, Michael Piotrowski wrote:

> The following program creates compound glyphs from a base character
> and an accent, you just have to give it the name of the desired
> combination.  It uses Level 2 features including filters.

Thanks for the code, but what I really have in mind is real Type1
charstrings.  As far as I understand only two instructions are
necessary: hsbw (to set metrics) and seac (to combine).  Something
like a smart perl script that would take list of compounds and produce
the necessary piece of PS code and an AFM file.  It's better
(performance-wise) to do things on host rather than in the
interpreter.

SY, Uwe