lout-users

Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: Another way of tweaking lout to support alien characters?
Date: 11 Dec 1998 17:59:45 -0600

>>>>> "Valeriy" == Valeriy E Ushakov <address@hidden> writes:

Valeriy> Thanks for the code, but what I really have in mind is real
Valeriy> Type1 charstrings.  As far as I understand only two
Valeriy> instructions are necessary: hsbw (to set metrics) and seac
Valeriy> (to combine).

Note that seac is depricated.  Adobe's docs (such as the t1 spec and
update) suggest the use of subroutines rather than seac for accents.

There are a number of packages on CTAN for this.  Cf under:

  <URL:http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/utilities/>

The a2ac and accfonts directories have the relevant code.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.       <http://www.jhcloos.com/cloos/pgp_public_key.txt>
<address@hidden>      E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6