Re: Dependecies

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Dependecies
Date: 20 Sep 2002 23:59:19 +0200

Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:

> I've almost got the dependency stuff working. Are we at a point
> where I can check things into cvs that are not release 3?

Maybe you can supply a patch first, so we can comment on the design
solution you have choosen?

> I've used the following syntax in monitrc.
>
> check foo with pidfile bar
> blah blah
> depend baz
>
> This means that if you are starting or stopping foo, it will first stop
> baz, and then stop foo. Then it will restart foo, then baz.
>
> I've got a few bugs I'm working out, but it seems to be mostly working
> now.
>
> Also, I've just about got the Mac OS X port working, as well.

Super!

> Please comment on the above syntax if you don't like it.

Can you have more entries in a depend statement like, depend A B C? It
looks okay although I somehow prefeered a global set statement since
it looks more explicit, like: set dependencies A->B->C but this is
probably more difficult to implement? Anyway my preferences are not
very strong if it's done this way or that way as long as it's done :-)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland