Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: wrapping up the changeset branch

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: wrapping up the changeset branch
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:39:12 -0400

Jon Bright wrote:
Daniel Phillips wrote:
Just as a reality check, renames are recoverable in theory, aren't they?

I'm taking wild guesses here, but I think the answer's "not reliably, because they were previously stored without information as to their order". I may well be completely wrong.

it's not so much lack of order; the sad fact is that there was some buggy code (now thankfully retired) writing wrong rename certs. afaik there's no particular way to tell the wrong ones from the right ones, so my inclination is to treat them all as wrong when doing a bulk operation on them.

-graydon