[Monotone-devel] building (was Re: wrapping up the changeset branch)

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] building (was Re: wrapping up the changeset branch)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:22:51 +0100

Bruce Stephens <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Dumb question, probably (especially since I *know* I've built
> monotone repeatedly before): what versions of
> automake/autoconf/etc. should I use?  automake-1.7.9 and
> autoconf-2.59 (Debian unstable) don't seem to be working for me.

The default versions work fine.  I just forgot about running aclocal
and autoheader.  The error messages don't seem perfect:

brs% automake -a
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am:170: BUNDLED_LUA does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

There *is* an invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE in configure.ac, of
course.