Re: [Monotone-devel] wrapping up the changeset branch

From: Asger Ottar Alstrup
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] wrapping up the changeset branch
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:12:57 +0200

The changeset branch sounds very nice!

Now, it has been a while since I evaluated monotone as a cvs replacement for us. Last time, we found out that there were a number of issues that prevented changing for us.

But maybe you can tell me the status of these things given the recent developments:

- Storing large files ~ 1 GB

- Efficient working with large files - i.e. not having them three times in memory in common operations

- Efficient distribution of large files

- Reduce hashing time on large files

- Footprint on each person machine should be a function of what they have checked out, not the history or what is in the repository

Thanks,
Asger Ottar Alstrup