Re: [Monotone-devel] auto updates

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] auto updates
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:36:55 -0500

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 09:32 +1000, Brian May wrote:
>     Timothy> I'm not sure you can, and if you can I'm not sure that
>     Timothy> things would work as expected (monotone probably wouldn't
>     Timothy> like suddenly finding itself somewhere it didn't think it
>     Timothy> was).
>
> Yes, this might be a problem. I saw a lua test case in monotone or
> something that used chdir, and thought it might work, but may have
> been confused. In any case, such an operation is likely to mess
> monotone up.

Yes, the tests do have a chdir() function available. That's because
they're run from tester instead of mtn and so have a different (larger)
set of extensions available, mostly intended for the file and subprocess
operations that a testsuite needs to be able to do.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net