Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone head builds on cygwin with no changes

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone head builds on cygwin with no changes
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:11:15 -0800

On 2/2/07, Václav Haisman <address@hidden> wrote:

Justin Patrin wrote, On 1.2.2007 19:42:
> To monotone, at least. Just in case anyone didn't know I thought I'd
> say that I've built monotone from net.venge.monotone on cygwin with no
> changes to monotone code. This is great news for the Summit and just
> cool in general.
>
> The one thing I needed to do (other than install the necessary libs,
> toolchain, and -devel packages in cygwin) was to link
> /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost to /usr/include/boost.
When I first packaged Boost for Cygwin it has been requested I use the
versioned layout, similarly as some Linux distribution has been using at that
time. So it probably has to remain even now. But the link sounds like a good
idea, I will try to add it to the package and see whether it is acceptable
with it.

Well, it's not absolutely needed. It should be possible to pass in the
boost dir to monotone's configure script, I just didn't see it in
--help and wanted to see if a normal build would work.

> I'm currently running a make check to see how well it stacks up in the
> unit tests.

At the time of 1.33.0 the Boost.Test did not build. Now with 1.33.1 it seems
to work. I will try to roll another revision of the package, this time
including Boost.Test.

Thanks, that would be helpful, although I'm not sure if it works
correctly or not as *all* of the monotone tests fail. Perhaps this
will be one of the things I could help work on during the summit.

--
Justin Patrin