Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone head builds on cygwin with no changes

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone head builds on cygwin with no changes
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:11:14 +0100

On 2/3/07, Justin Patrin <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/2/07, Václav Haisman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Justin Patrin wrote, On 1.2.2007 19:42:
> > To monotone, at least. Just in case anyone didn't know I thought I'd
> > say that I've built monotone from net.venge.monotone on cygwin with no
> > changes to monotone code. This is great news for the Summit and just
> > cool in general.
> >
> > The one thing I needed to do (other than install the necessary libs,
> > toolchain, and -devel packages in cygwin) was to link
> > /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost to /usr/include/boost.
> When I first packaged Boost for Cygwin it has been requested I use the
> versioned layout, similarly as some Linux distribution has been using at that
> time. So it probably has to remain even now. But the link sounds like a good
> idea, I will try to add it to the package and see whether it is acceptable
> with it.

Well, it's not absolutely needed. It should be possible to pass in the
boost dir to monotone's configure script, I just didn't see it in
--help and wanted to see if a normal build would work.

you don't need any special configure option, simply use CPPFLAGS:

 ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/boost_1_33_1

--
 Olivier