Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: How will policy branches work?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: How will policy branches work?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:08:11 +0100

Hi,

Bruce Stephens wrote:
Uh.. the manifest has never included the text itself, AFAIR. And still
today, the revision data references the file's contents by hash
exclusively. So do the rosters.

I know, I meant that the thing referenced by the hash would not be the
real contents (it would be some special thing).

Ah, now I understand your previous mail. However, that would result in different file hashes (and thus also revision hashes) if you have access permissions vs. if you haven't. That certainly won't work, yes.

Regards

Markus