Re: [Monotone-devel] /etc under version control

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] /etc under version control
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:13:01 +1000

On 26 July 2010 01:23, Gour D. <address@hidden> wrote:
> For a long time I wanted to keep my /etc under version control, but
> darcs is one of those DVCS where it is explicitly said it is not safe
> to do due to lack of support for perms & symlinks...So, this is nice
> opportunity to deploy Monotone...

Have a look at etckeeper.

http://joey.kitenet.net/code/etckeeper/

At one time monotone was supported, although, unfortunately, I don't
see it mentioned on the website:

"etckeeper is a collection of tools to let /etc be stored in a git,
mercurial, darcs, or bzr repository."

So it is possible monotone support has been discontinued and/or
requires somebody willing to support it.

I am guessing that git would get the most support.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>