[Monotone-devel] Re: /etc under version control

From: Gour D.
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: /etc under version control
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:06:51 +0200

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:07:29 -0700
>>>>>> "jack" == address@hidden wrote:

jack> I've been doing this for a while.. I keep a "vendor branch" of
jack> OpenBSD /etc, and then branch off for each host. A new version
jack> of the OS is only a propagate away.

In my case I'd just keep my desktop & laptop.

jack> Be careful of having a _MTN in root (/), as it tends to be a
jack> catchall workspace that only root has access too.

I'm thinking to have _MTN in /etc.

jack> I would like to have native symlink, permissions, and ownership
jack> handling in monotone. I currently just make everything owned by
jack> root, and have a "fixup" script to change things that need
jack> changing.

Ahh, that's something similar to what I was doing with darcs -
fix_perms.sh script. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA