Re: New Installation instruction for windows

From: Neil Hotmail
Subject: Re: New Installation instruction for windows
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:06:38 +0100

> I am actually compiling a set of the .lib's and .h's now, give me about 2
> hours and i'll send you a full .zip of everything, except a CVS of pingus,
> that you need to compile and run it.

Done, uploaded to
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~ndm103/pingus/stuff/windows-dependancies-pingus
.zip (3.5 Mb ish), but will soon be moving to the Pingus FTP.

To compile Pingus on Windows should now be a case of download that file,
unzip it, add "Pingus\include" to your include paths, "Pingus\lib" to you
lib paths, and compile. You will still need to checkout Pingus from the CVS,
but not clanlib or hermes.

The only one "quirk" is that if you want to compile a debug version you will
need to copy all the files clan*.lib as clan*d.lib, not quite sure why, but
you do (copy - not rename!). I have changed the project to always use the
release versions (without the d), but it seems to ignore me at some point
and want them anyway (as well as the release ones!)

The release version is quite happy using the clanlib release (without the
debug even present), so it isn't a major problem, but if anyone has any idea
why this is happening then it would be handy to know, and hopefully remove
this weird requirement.

This should remove a huge list of dependancies from the windows one and make
it easy to install and get working for everyone. If it doesn't work then let
me know, I may have other dependancies floating around in other directories.

Ginge