plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] [ 101900 ] Doesn't compile on RH 8.0

From: Bob Diepenbrock
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] [ 101900 ] Doesn't compile on RH 8.0
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:50:30 -0600

Well.... Sure, if you are asking for a completed product, VMWARE would be a good choice.

However... I have had no real difficulty building and running Plex86, such as it is, on a Red Hat 8.0 machine with the proper stuff installed right off the Red Hat install media..  I have had to install some "extra" stuff on my boxes but ALL of it was on the media from Red Hat, so if you "install everything" you should be just fine.

The only thing that does not build on an "out of the box" system is the documentation, but that is easily solved by adding a symbolic link.  When you get to the point of building the documentation, let me know what the reported error is and I'll tell you how to fix it.  Right now it just slips my mind what utility it was that required this (Openjade perhaps?).  Seems Red Hat changed release versions of it and the install directory changed because of it.  My solution was to add a symbolic link to the new version so it can be referenced by the older's name.

Like others have said, this is very much ALPHA code and it is not currently easy to setup and use.  It also does not function properly in a lot of cases.  This is frustrating and this project suffers from a deplorable lack of documentation both user and developer level.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon so we can get some folks to help us fix the open issues.

-= Bob =-

>>> <address@hidden> 3/24/03 2:37:31 PM >>>

Support Request #101900, was updated on Tue 03/04/03 at 07:54
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101900&group_id=869

Category: Compile Error

By: olray-dragon