Re: [RP] CVS updates

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] CVS updates
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:06:29 -0800

>What I was thinking about recently is removing the bar completely and
>having something like a pager, so it would move out of ratpoison into
>a client app... I don't know how much effort it would require, but
>it sounds good, doesn't it ?

This sounds good. I like the idea. But implementing it requires some
work. Once ratpoison can output the program list to stdout, we could
write `rppager' or something that does the work. You then bind C-tw to
"exec rppager". Then we'd also fix these SIGALRM problems since
`rppager' could show the window, then sleep(x) and quit. There will no
doubt be some problems.

How would we handle where it pops up? a .rppagerrc? I'm reluctant to
do it that way. perhaps command line args:

rppager --help

-t, --top
-b, --bottom
-l, --left
-r, --right
-w, --windows      displays the window list
-m, --message      displays a message

Then you would bind C-tw to

"exec rppager -tlw"

That seems pretty sweet!