Re: [RP] CVS updates

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] CVS updates
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:48:31 +0100

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 08:34:57PM -0800, Ryan Yeske wrote:
> :number 3
>
> will take you to window 3

WAIT A MINUTE!

this is really not a good idea at all. in my opinion number should move the
current window to the number given. like it works in screen that is.

example:
"C-tw" "0-xterm 1*xlogo"
"C-t:number 5"
"C-tw" "0-xterm 5*xlogo"
"C-t:number 0"
"C-tw" "0*xlogo 5-xterm"

i sent a patch doing this a while ago. but i guess there's not much use of it
any longer with this rewriting that have been done. (i havn't actually looked
at the code yet)

> Please test and comment, criticize, hack, patch, etc.

i gave my critic. hopefully it was constructive.
--
/Martin