Re: [RP] CVS updates

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] CVS updates
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:52:19 +0100

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 10:13:21PM -0800, shawn wrote:
> I agree this needs to be addressed. A whole bar covers valuable window
> space that in most cases will not be used. A dynamically resizing bar
> would do best to keep as much window visible. Perhaps a dynamically
> resizing bar with a minimum size limit. If you want full screen all
> the time, set this minimum size to the width of the screen.

the best thing we could do in my opinion is to make the input bar occupy the
whole screen when it exists. of course no other bars should do that. but when
text is getting inputed, that window pretty much is everything that matters
anyway.

i'm attaching a small patch that makes my wish come true. apply it or do some
overambitious work to make the bar realtime resizing and cpu-hogging.
--
/Martin