Re: [RP] queries from a new user...

From: John S. J. Anderson
Subject: Re: [RP] queries from a new user...
Date: 12 Apr 2001 10:33:49 -0400

kevin lyda <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 10:41:51AM -0700, Ryan Yeske wrote:
> > kevin lyda <address@hidden> writes:
> > Hmmm, what is your solaris machine putting you in by default?  Some
> > dtsession or something?  Its been a while since I've used Solaris.
>
> yes, cde.  eek.  i never liked cde.

I've got ratpoison working under Solaris 7. I get into it by having
'exec ratpoison' in $HOME/.xsession, then using the XDM equivalent
(the login screen) select an OpenWindows session.

AFAIK, if you choose OpenWindows and have a $HOME/.xsession file,
things work basically like they do with 'startx' under XFree86. Of
course, YMMV.

john.

--
"History is made at night.  Character is who you are in the dark."