Re: [RP] new ratpoison user trouble

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] new ratpoison user trouble
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:05:31 -0700

>OK, so I deleted everything from the sample rc file except the line
>that changes the screen to black and the pointer (I like it). Now it
>works, but still I can't execute an xterm (nor do I want to - I use
>a kterm (Japanese).  I know how I can set the default in my rc but
>how can I set it to a kterm prompt for when I press C-t C!.  Right now I
>get a little box with 'exec xterm -e' I want to change that xterm to
>a kterm (exec kterm -e).

there is a configure option --with-xterm that will let you set your
default terminal emulator if you want to compile ratpoison from
source. Otherwise, you can rebind the keys that rely on xterm:

:bind ^exclam colon exec kterm -e
:bind c kterm
:bind ^c kterm

>And while I am here....what is the syntax to change the key bindings.
>I'd like to switch windows with ALT 1, 2, 3, etc. I can see how you
>bind a key to an application, but can I change the original key
>bindings?

just bind the key like you would any other and it will be
rebound.