Re: [RP] argh. split-screen help.

From: sabetts
Subject: Re: [RP] argh. split-screen help.
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:13:08 -0700 (PDT)

At Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:38:36 +0200 (SAST) , Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, shawn wrote:
>
>>Whoah! Blow my mind! Its screen inside screen!
>
>I can be happily lost in there all day. :)
>
>>Off the top of my head, to implement 'workspaces' you could create a
>>list of structs containing a window_frame_sentinel, a
>
>If no one wants to takes this up, I will try and plog it together on the
>weekend. It doesn't sound too hard, and that para is my first idea on
>what to keep track of.

This is a pretty major functionality change and there will definitely be
unforeseen problems.
Perhaps we should hold out until 0.2.0 has been released before taking it on.

>What direction do you think in for mimicking screen's C-A,M and C-A,_
>for monitoring window activity and silence?  I think these would be
>brilliant especially with messages such as
>"activity on workspace main in window pine".  All I need then is to
>detach it and reattach from home, and I've killed screen completely ;-)

this would be pretty slayin.

The only thing I can think of is taking a look at screen capture programs to
see hov they work.
or perhaps setting up a a bash script that takes snap shots of windows every
few seconds and if any of them change,
call ratpoison -c "echo activity in window x"
I think the gnome panel and enlightenment have scaled down pictures of the
windows, which could prove insightful.