[RP] default keybinding

From: John Meacham
Subject: [RP] default keybinding
Date: Fri Aug 22 18:42:02 2003

it occurs to me that the default keybinding for ratpoison (ctrl-t) is
rather silly, I imagine there is a lot of overlap between shell prompt
users and ratpoison users, it seems odd to take away one of the very few
keys which can safely be mapped in terminal apps. especially when ctrl-a
is already taken by screen too :)

It seems like it would be better to have a keybinding which is not
commonly used by shell apps, such as something on Alt or perhaps Ctrl-m
or ctrl-h, or ctrl-i which terminal apps can't effectivly use because
they would interpret them as enter, backspace and tab respectivly, a
problem we as an X app don't have to worry about.
       John

John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - address@hidden