Re: The def* commands (Was: [RP] Getting Through and Locking XTerm Width

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: The def* commands (Was: [RP] Getting Through and Locking XTerm Width)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:52:39 +0200

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 08:12:59PM +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> I'd love to see this for unbind as well,

Given the fact that :unbind actually is implemented as:

   actions.c:  add_alias ("unbind", "undefinekey " ROOT_KEYMAP);

this could get tricky to implement cleanly in a beautiful way. I don't
know if you could consider the multiple argument feature being worth
messing up the code and duplicating parts of it.

My opinion is that the most consistent and elegant solution would be to
modify :undefine's syntax as follows.

undefine KEYMAP KEY0 [KEY1] [KEY2] [...] [KEYn]

If done at all that is. (:
--
/Martin