Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:17:37 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jaime E . Villate wrote:

> As I've said before, the project's cvs page in Savannah
> (http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=40) explains it: please read the
> section "Developer CVS Access via SSH" very carefully.

I've read it carefully, several times; please give me some minimal
benefit of the doubt.

That page doesn't make it clear that it applies to my case: it doesn't
mention the two ways of entering the Emacs CVS repository, and thus it
is not clear that the phrase about the ``old password'' is talking,
among others, about moving from one method of accessing the repository
to the other.

> "You have to register a CVS/SSH Shared key in the Account
> Maintenance page for the machine from which you run cvs."

Sorry, I cannot use SSH in the case of Emacs: many times I commit
changes from my home machine which runs MS-Windows.  Since ssh-agent
doesn't work on Windows, it means I need to type my passphrase each
time I run any of the CVS commands.  It is impractical for me to do so.

Is it possible to enable pserver with the /cvsroot/emacs method of
accessing the repository?  If not, why not? (since the old method does
allow it).

TIA