Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Emacs-commit does not catch every commit
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:26:25 +0200

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:36:26 +0000
> From: "Jaime E . Villate" <address@hidden>
>
> How about using dual boot and switching to GNU/Linux everytime you're going
> to work on the Emacs project? Would that be an option for you?

Unfortunately, no; otherwise, I'd do that long ago.

The problem is that I cannot afford the additional time needed to
install, set up, and administer a GNU/Linux system.  If I did that,
I'd not have any time left to work on anything else, because I have
too little to begin with.

> The issue of pserver has been discussed several times among cvs-hackers and
> savannah-hackers and I think there are some other reasons to avoid using it,
> but I'm not very familiar with the issue. Perhaps someone else in this list
> can give you a better answer.

I hope so.

For projects that I don't need to access too frequently, I login to
fencepost (via SSH) and do the work there.  But doing so for Emacs is
impossible, as the cost of copying files and patches to and fro would
be prohibitive.

If there's any other solution that would not compromise subversions
more than you'd like, I'm ready to try that.

Thanks.