[Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:49:31 -0400

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> wrote:

> The initials would be SF.net. We shouldnt do that.

That's a good point; I hadn't even noticed that.  OTOH, it might be an
interesting homage to the former days of SourceForge -- when it was
actually Free Software.

> Or maybe savannah.org (probably taken).

savannah.{org,net,com} are all taken.

savannah.to is not taken, if we happen to want to buy a domain from the
Republic of Tonga (they sell their domain name space to the worldwide
public).

> Is savannah.nongnu.org possible?

That is a good idea, too.  nongnu.org isn't taken.

> It's misleading to have non-gnu project with gnu (or fsf, anyway) within
> their urls and email address. But savannah is ok, I think.

I agree.  Then, we could rightly call the whole service "savannah", which
most people do anyway.

RMS, what do you think about this?

   -- bkuhn