Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:14:52 +0100

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 04:49:31PM -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Is savannah.nongnu.org possible?
>
> That is a good idea, too.  nongnu.org isn't taken.

I like that name.

> > It's misleading to have non-gnu project with gnu (or fsf, anyway) within
> > their urls and email address. But savannah is ok, I think.
>
> I agree.  Then, we could rightly call the whole service "savannah", which
> most people do anyway.

Yes, at CERN the IT people insist on using savannah.cern.ch for the version of
Savannah that we are implementing there. I haven't publicized that name yet
because I wanted to avoid confusion with savannah.gnu.org, but if we accept
the fact that people identify Savannah with the software rather than the site,
then I guess savannah.cern.ch is OK. Do you agree?

Cheers,
Jaime