[Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:15:56 -0400

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     > Is savannah.nongnu.org possible?
>
>     That is a good idea, too.  nongnu.org isn't taken.
>
> That seems good to me

Ok, then, unless anyone objects in the next 24 hours, I am going to
register nongnu.org.  (Of course, that doesn't mean the decision is set in
stone at that point -- it just means we've spent US$10 toward making the
decision happen.  ;)

>   sf.net seems ok too.  (I see no problem with it.)

sf.net is taken by sourceforge.net.  I think folks were just pointing out
that softwarefreedom.net, in common speech, would get shortened to
"sf.net", which would confuse people.

   -- bkuhn