Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: freesoftware.fsf.org: the issue that will not die
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:13:20 -0400

    Yes, at CERN the IT people insist on using savannah.cern.ch for the version
of
    Savannah that we are implementing there. I haven't publicized that name yet
    because I wanted to avoid confusion with savannah.gnu.org, but if we accept
    the fact that people identify Savannah with the software rather than the
site,
    then I guess savannah.cern.ch is OK. Do you agree?

I think it is fine to have lots of "savannah" sites doing the same
job in different places.

Let's ask each site to have an explanation of the name "savannah"
and how it relates to GNU.