Re: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)
Date: 15 Oct 2002 21:39:23 +0000

Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
> According to https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=openap, I should use
> cvs over ssh for read-write access.  I have reported (see below) that I
> cannot use cvs over ssh because ssh drops connection.  I have demonstrated
> how ssh drops connection when it's run with "cvs server" as the remote
> command, which is how cvs runs ssh.  I also have demonstrated how cvs
> fails when ssh drops connection.

I have just replied to you about this. You have not correctly folowed
the CVS instructions.

Read my mail and get back to us if you have any further problem.

> I have read the reply several times and I strongly believe that its author
> didn't take time to read and understand my request.  I understand that
> your time is limited, but this attitude is much more frustrating than a
> late, but competent reply.

He did. Unfortunately you don't yet understand the CVS command.

> I wrote to address@hidden before and didn't get any answer.  I
> wrote to address@hidden and got an answer that I should contact
> address@hidden  My request in "Support Manager" has been
> answered the same day, but I leave you to judge if it can be called and
> answer.

I apologise that you haven't had a quicker response. Savannah is not
a commercial system, it is run entirely by volunteers dedicating
themselves to the cause of free software. If we're slow to responsd
from time to time please be patient. The correct thing to do is to
escalate the problem, as you are doing now.

Nic Ferrier
CVS hacker.