Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:08:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

> I've tried connecting to your account (using my ssh key which works fine
> for log in with other accounts in Savannah) and I get the same problem
> you got; the log says:

Thank you for testing it.  I appreciate it.  Let me do what I can to help
you (it's not much but anyway).

> Oct 16 18:24:17 subversions sshd[31884]: PAM rejected by account
> configuration[9]: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication
> info.

This message is from PAM.  It corresponds to PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL in the
PAM sources.  Looking for PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL in Linux-PAM-0.75 shows
possible cause - my name is missing in /etc/passwd or in /etc/shadow.

Hint - sometimes my username is missplelled as "proskin" or something like
that.  Make sure that it's "proski".

> Oct 16 18:24:17 subversions sshd[31884]: fatal: monitor_read:
> unsupported request: 24

That's from OpenSSH.  24 is a type from the mon_table.  Types are listed
in monitor.h.  24 is MONITOR_REQ_KEYEXPORT.  Looks like an induced error
message.

> But I have not been able to figure out what's special about your account
> configuration (it looks to me identical to other users configuration). I
> will continue trying to figure out what's wrong with your account
> configuration.

Thank you in advance!

Pavel Roskin