[Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:43:02 -0400 (EDT)

> [/etc/savannah/nongnu-content]# cat /etc/passwd  | nl |grep proski
>    102  proski:x:60071:65534:Pavel Roskin
> <address@hidden>:/home/proski:/usr/local/bin/cvssh
>

> [/etc/savannah/nongnu-content]# cat /etc/shadow |  nl | grep proski

So, I'm not there!  I understand that without a record in /etc/shadow my
record in /etc/passwd is essentially invalid.  Even a record with disabled
password would be better.

> But anyway, proski, you are using kerberos, aren't he (you were doing test
> from
> fencepost)?

I'm not using kerberos.  My kerberos password was reset when fencepost was
compromized.  I have never used kerberos to access the repository (apart
from some tests maybe), but I was using the repository over ssh to commit
my patches to GNU Autoconf and GNU GRUB.

> cvs -z3 -d:gserver:<developername>@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/pdbv
> co <modulename>

address@hidden proski]$ cvs -z3 -d:gserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/pdbv co .
cvs checkout: CVSROOT ":gserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/pdbv"
cvs checkout: is set for a GSSAPI access method but your
cvs checkout: CVS executable doesn't support it
cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.
address@hidden proski]$ kinit address@hidden
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
credentials
address@hidden proski]$

> In this case, are /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow usefull? Since you have a
> kerberos account, you are probably using it for savannah. It means that
> you probably never entered any Savannah password. So /etc/shadow cannot
> get any password information for you.

I have never entered any Savannah password (except the one on the
website), but it doen't mean that my name should be missing from
/etc/shadow IMHO.

Pavel Roskin