[STUMP] Too slow popups with Eclipse

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [STUMP] Too slow popups with Eclipse
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:16:12 +0200

Hi,
  I'm using Eclipse 3.2 and 3.3 with Sun's Java 1.6.0. With stumpwm
(0.0.6-CVS compiled on 25-august with sbcl), some popup windows take
too much time to open, whereas at the same computer with other window
manager (ex: ion) they open almost instantly. I tried that at 2
computers.
  For instance these actions reproduce the problem:
- „Change perspective": Ctrl+F8
- „Change view": Ctrl+F7
- „Change editor": Ctrl+F6
- „Open type": Ctrl+Shift+T

  The popup window from the first 3 or the window from the 4th takes
about 6 seconds to open with stumpwm. In that time, the process
„eclipse" uses 99.9% CPU. Playing with strace to see what it did
blocked my X several times.

  Does someone know why they are so slow to open?

  Greetings,
Daniel