Re: [STUMP] Too slow popups with Eclipse

From: malnourite
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Too slow popups with Eclipse
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:58:21 -0500

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007, Daniel Clemente wrote:
>    I am trying to compile a good CLISP which can compile and run stumpwm.
>    I wrote: http://stumpwm.antidesktop.net/cgi-bin/wiki/Compiling_CLISP
>
>    But I need your help in some points:
>
> 1. Which CLX should be used, mit-clx or new-clx? And still more
> important: why? The documentation mentions both, but doesn't offer
> information that helps a user to select one.
> 2. How to install ppcre and make CLISP use it? (See the FAQ, at the
> end). Write instructions which are distribution-independant, that
> means, not "install your distro's package" or "do this in Debian"
> since that doesn't work everywhere.
>
>    Can someone add this information to the wiki page?
>
>    Thanks,
> Daniel

Use new-clx. It's faster (written in C), requires no
fiddling with your X setup (re -nolisten-tcp), and it
supports StumpWM's timers. If you're just using mit-clx, you
don't need CVS clisp, you can just rebuild your distro's
package with mit-clx instead of new-clx--but don't do that,
it's pointless and you'll end up wanting to use new-clx
anyway. I wrote the cl-ppcre bit on the FAQ, but that's just
the way *I* did it.  When you figure it out, put your
solution on the Wiki too, that's how it's supposed to work.

--
Oct 16 2007,
John Moore Liles