Re: report with biggest nodes

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: report with biggest nodes
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:24:51 +0100

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 05:24:37PM -0800, Karl Berry wrote:
>     The not so easy part would be deciding whether to use nodes or sections.
>
> Seems to me the answer is simple: nodes.

I tend to disagree.  When producing docbook, for instance, nodes
are not taken into account at all.  And when doing HTML with,
for instance, book.pm, nodes are also not needed.  More generally
when using the TEXI2HTML style, nodes are of less importance.
In the future, with missing nodes and menu automatic generation,
I hope that nodes will mostly be used to have something shorter
for section names.

But, anyway, I overdramatized an easy issue, there is already a map
in texi2any for every format, the default will be nodes for formats
with 'nodes_tree' and USE_NODES is true too.  So I'll put that
in texi2any -- although I guess we can keep the stand-alone script
somewhere, like in util.

--
Pat