[Texmacs-dev] (no subject)

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:35:50 +0200 (CEST)

> For what's it is worth, I'm an "emacs-fan".
>
> I don't care much more than that now that I know there is a work
> around. However I still consider that the default behavior should be
> KDE/Gnome/Windows instead of Emacs on Unix systems, especially
> considering that TeXmacs is positioned as a visual editor.

+1 (+2 considering a colleague nearby that, though emacs-fan, prefers to have
uniform keybindings across desktop applications).

> And regarding Corey suggestion, I'm not sure this is a good one. When
> you start a new program, you don't know what means all those question
> and usually prefer to choose the default choice.

Maybe a good idea would be to warn the user very prominently in the "first steps
with TeXmacs" document appearing on startup.

Should the documentation be updated manually or maybe it is time to change the
\key macro so that the argument is the name of the action, i.e. "remove
innermost structure" and it (conditionally on the user preferences) extracts the
right binding from the kbd-*.scm files?

Álvaro.