Re: [Texmacs-dev] Copying tex and latex code from emacs to texmacs

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Copying tex and latex code from emacs to texmacs
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 00:07:28 +0200

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 10:47:47PM +0200, henri-biard@francemel.fr wrote:
> I am very pleased with the capability.  Do the two options for pasting apply
> to both
> plain tex (texinfo uses plain tex) and latex ?
>
> I wonder if adding a plain tex option would make sense in addition to latex.
> Mostly because there actually exists a difference between plain tex and latex

We only have LaTeX converters, although they probably work for a lot of plain
TeX as well.
If you experience problems, then maybe you can send us a list of constructs that
are not converted appropriately.

By the way, are you mainly interested in conversions from TeX into TeXmacs,
or from TeXmacs into TeX?  Or maybe you need both ways?

I understand that you are mainly interested in the conversion of mathematical
formulas (?)

Best wishes, --Joris