Re: News item about ABI change

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: News item about ABI change
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 03:36:38 +0200

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 03:28:40AM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> > HREF="ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian-libio/";>alpha.gnu.org</A>.
>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think this was supposed to become /gnu/hurd/debian/ when the switch
> is finally done.

I thought this, too, but then it occured to me that we can just set a
symlink, so it doesn't really matter.

> > Read the recent mailing list archives for details.
>
> Is it not still a bit early to make an public annoucment? From what I know
> Jeff and Marcus (and whom ever I forgot) are still working on the switch and
> building all the packages. Other than that the news item looks OK.

Jeff broke it on Debianplanet already, but otherwise I will leave it to him
when to announce it on the Hurd web pages, too.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org address@hidden