Re: linking to savannah

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: linking to savannah
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:36:48 +0100

Marcus Brinkmann <address@hidden> writes:

> At Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:51:07 +0100,
> marco_g wrote:
>>
>> Marcus Brinkmann <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > If you say the wiki, do you mean gnu fans?  we already link to that.
>> > I don't want to give special purpose emphasis on the wiki (like,
>> > "there is this task list", because I am not checking the wiki on a
>> > regular basis, so I don't know how useful it is.
>>
>> Yes, I meant gnu fans.  This is the page I meant:
>> http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Hurd/GNUHurdStatus
>>
>> But it would be better to have these tasks in the task list on
>> savannah as well.  I can do that, if that is ok for you.
>
> They should only be in savannah if and only if they are genuinely task
> we are interested in.  Just because something is listed in the wiki
> doesn't mean it should be on savannah, too.

No, of course not.  On the wiki there are some random notes from you
actually.  I did see some interesting things there of which I think
they are relevant.

> In particular, if you put up a task item, you are responsible for it.
> At least responsible in the way that you defend the necessity of the
> task and that you can clarify what it means.  In particular, task
> items should lay out the development ahead.  This needs planning and
> design.

If I want to put in a new task I will send a mail about bug-hurd about
it.

> And don't tell me to look at that page.  I have my own idea of what
> the tasks ahead of me are.

I did not tell you to look at it.  I put the URL there for
completeness.  But if you want to have a look at it so you would see
what I am talking about, great.

> Well, that is a different shoe.  I just saw I am a member of that
> savannah project, but that doesn't mean anything.  In particular, I am
> not the admin.  You might want to contact the admin.

I will.

--
Marco