Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Three level units

From: James Spencer
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Three level units
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:25:29 -0500

>--Outlaws--
>Outlaw
>Trapper
>Bandit
>
>Outlaw units (with the exception of the Thief->Rogue->Assassin line)
>supposedly do not have three levels to reflect their "not proper
>soldier" status. However, several user campaigns include third level
>Outlaws, and I believe that the third-level Outlaws are widely enjoyed.

The issue of the level 3 Outlaws has come uo before. AFAIK, the
decision against them was because the Outlaws were intended as
somewhat weaker 'generic foes' for the other factions / professional
armies.

The thing I'd like to add is that this would really throw off the
balance of TRoW. At this point I'd rather avoid retooling the
difficulty of the whole campaign if I can... Level 3 Outlaws have
caused enough fun for me as a part of user campaigns already :)

If 'they must' go in I can retool, but I'd rather they didn't...